Wondering Where to Move to in Florida
Some Facts About Sarasota Florida"
December 23, 2015
If you have been considering relocating to Florida, there are many reasons to consider Sarasota as your destination.
The city of Sarasota and its surrounding communities have been ranked recently as follows:
- "One of Best Places to Retire" by CNBC and Portfolio.com
- "The Best Small City in America" by Money Magazine
- "The # 1 Market to Buy a Home in" by Real Estate expert Barbara Corcoran
- "One of the Best Places for Business and Careers" by Forbes magazine
- "One of the Best Places to Re-invent Yourself" by AARP
- "The Best Place to Retire Young" by Money Magazine
- "Among the 'Top 25 Small Cities for the Arts'" by American Style Magazine
- "The Ultimate Beach Town" with 35 miles of pristine beaches by Money Magazine
Intriguing, isn't it ? But how much do you actually know about Sarasota, its next-door neighbor cities, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch and Osprey and our gorgeous waterfront barrier islands
Longboat Key, Lido Key, Bird Key, Siesta Key and Casey Key. Here are some interesting facts for you to evaluate and consider:
- The Sarasota area offers a very pleasant year-round climate with an average of 251 sunny days each year
The average year-round temperature is 72.6 F (22.6 C)
The average annual high temperature is 82.8 F (28.2 C)
The average annual low temperature is 61.9 F (16.6 C)
- Sarasota is definitely "Florida's golf town." With over 80 public and private courses, and dozens of golf course communities, there is golf courses that exactly match your level of play.
- Compared to the rest of the United States, the cost of living in Sarasota is 6.70% below the national average according to BestPlaces.com
- The population of Sarasota is about 52,000 and its not being overrun by uncontrolled growth as some attractive cities are. Since 2000,
the population rate of growth has averaged less than 2%/year. The city of Bradenton, just north of Sarasota, has a population of about 55,000 and the faster-growing master-planned Lakewood Ranch community has about 29,000 residents today.
- As reported by the Sarasota Association of Realtors, as of August, 2015, the median cost of a single-family home for the past 12 months was $169,000. For condominiums, the 12-month median price was $163,950, just slightly above the national average.
Recognizing that these numbers include everything from modest homes to multi-million dollar waterfront mansions, it should be noted that there are also more modestly priced homes
available throughout the area.
- Sarasota has excellent health care facilities with two fine acute care hospitals, Doctors Hospital and Sarasota Memorial Hospital. Bradenton has the Blake Medical Center and Manatee Memorial Hospital and Lakewood Ranch includes the 120-bed acute-care Lakewood Ranch Medical Center .
- The Sarasota - Bradenton International Airport serves about 1 million passengers per year with direct service to and from places like Boston, New York City, Detroit and Atlanta
And in addition:
Sarasota and Manatee Counties offer boating, sailing and fishing on both the protected Sarasota Bay and out on the Gulf of Mexico. Both counties offer a variety of single-family and condominium residences with deep-water docking for those with larger yachts
Immediately north of Sarasota, Manatee County, which includes the northern end of Longboat Key, Bradenton, a city of about 50,000 residents, the master-planned community of Lakewood Ranch, Palmetto and the three communities on Anna Maria Island,
offers an equally attractive, and perhaps a bit more casual, lifestyle with its own unique attractions like Village of the Arts and the beaches on Anna Maria Island, all within a few minutes drive from Downtown Sarasota's vast array of shopping, dining and arts and cultural destinations.
Within the Sarasota Arts & Cultural District downtown, you'll find the Sarasota Orchestra, Sarasota Ballet, Sarasota Opera, the Van Wezel Preforming Arts Hall and the Asolo Repertory Theatre Company as well as the world-famous Ringling Museum of Art.
No matter what type of residence you are dreaming of, a seasonal or a permanent home, a modest home, one of our beautiful Sarasota golf homes in a golfing community, a home in a historic "west of the trail" neighborhood, a luxurious golf course mansion or an elegant waterfront condominium, Sarasota is what you are looking for
with homes at a price point today that makes this area even more attractive than it has been in over a decade.